Why Choose North Shore Aesthetics?
The North Shore Aesthetics Difference
Dr. Benjamin Schlechter brings over 20 years of plastic, reconstructive, and hand surgery experience to the greater Chicago area. His artistry and skill in the operating room have made him a highly sought after plastic surgeon, and his compassion has raised the bar in terms of patient satisfaction. Dr. Schlechter maintains a carefully balanced combination of surgical, aesthetic, and clinical care for his patients. At the same time, the office and med spa staff strive to provide the highest standard of excellence. Dr. Schlechter takes pride in offering the most cutting-edge technology in Cook County and beyond.
Why Should I Choose Dr. Benjamin Schlechter?
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Dr. Schlecter is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive education, training, and experience in both general and plastic surgery. This gives his patients comfort in knowing that he is ready to handle any situation that may arise in the operating room.
- Dr. Schlechter attends continuing education seminars regularly to ensure he is offering the latest and best surgical techniques.
- Dr. Schlechter’s experience has gained him recognition from both peers and patients. His compassion is unparalleled, as he makes himself available to his patients whenever needed, including evenings and weekends.
What Makes North Shore Aesthetics Unique?
An AAAASF-Accredited Surgical Suite
- All cosmetic procedures are performed in the privacy of our state-licensed in-office surgical suite under IV sedation or local anesthesia.
- Our facility meets the standards for a state-regulated facility, even though Illinois does not require such measures. Patient safety is our top priority, and patients should feel comforted by knowing that their operating suite continues to be inspected.
No Use of Physician Extenders
- Unlike many of his competitors, Dr. Schlechter has never implemented physician extenders, such as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner.
- Dr. Schlechter believes that the surgeon should be the one to see all patients post-operatively, not only because they have paid for his expertise, but also because the surgeon is best trained to identify potential problems. He does not want to leave it to a medical assistant or nurse to determine if an infection or something else is requiring his attention.
- Dr. Schlechter performs all of the injections and fillers himself. While many have employed nurses and others to do the injections in their medical practice, Dr. Schlechter feels the patient is best served when in the hands of the most skilled individual.
- Our cosmetic consultations are complimentary and include time with the doctor. Our philosophy is that the patient-doctor relationship is an extremely important factor to consider when selecting where to have your procedure performed. In most cases, patients will first speak with a coordinator to gather information, address common questions, and set a date and time for their consultation.
- Our consultations do not require a financial pre-screening process. We encourage anyone interested in finding out more to consult with Dr. Schlechter.
- Rapid recovery is due to the skill of the surgeon, and at North Shore Aesthetics, many of our cosmetic and surgical patients can return to work within a few days.
- Our patients do not need to be heavily medicated for days with most procedures.
- All post-operative appointments are with Dr. Schlechter. Patients are seen as often as needed at no additional charge.
- All cosmetic surgery patients are given a complimentary spa service to enhance the results of their procedure. If no service is required, such as with breast procedures, they are treated to a custom facial. We have many protocols for pre- and post-operative skincare, most of which are elective to the patient, but highly recommended for certain procedures.
- We have several technologies to help with scar management. One or two of the laser treatments may be given as the complimentary spa service in place of the facial.