Lift & Reduction Revision
Lift & Reduction Revision Chicago
A breast lift and breast reduction revision is a type of breast revision surgery. This procedure is performed for women who wish to downsize their implants and correct breast sagging.
What Is Lift & Reduction Revision?
Some women with breast implants may decide after their augmentation surgery that they would like to exchange their implants for smaller ones. Reasons for doing this might include:
- The weight of the implants has led to accelerated breast sagging.
- The current implants are larger than desired.
- Sagging, oversized breasts have caused discomfort, pain, or shoulder grooves.
- Over the years, aging has caused sagging that has led to a “matronly appearance.”
- Weight fluctuations have altered the appearance of the breasts.
- Pregnancy and nursing have adversely affected the shape, position, and fullness of the breasts.
- Shifting personal preferences now reflect a desire for smaller and more natural-looking breasts.
Lift & Reduction Revision
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need a Lift & Reduction Revision?
If you are a younger woman or have just recently gone through breast augmentation, you may be able to exchange your implants for smaller ones without having to undergo a lift and reduction. However, the longer a woman has had her breast implants, the more likely it is that she has experienced some breast sagging due to the excess weight. For women who have had their implants for years and wish to downsize, they will most likely need a lift and reduction revision due to the length of time the implants have had to stretch the breast skin and contribute to sagging.
How Can Breast Revision Surgery Help Me?
Dr. Schlechter can perform a lift and reduction revision to improve the appearance and feel of your breasts. For your procedure, Dr. Schlechter will make an incision that encircles that areola and runs vertically down along the front of the breast from the areola to the inframammary fold. He may also make a horizontal incision along the inframammary fold. Through these incisions, Dr. Schlechter will may or may not remove the implants and tighten the tissues of the lower breasts. He may also remove excess skin or tissue as necessary. If desired, Dr. Schlechter will then replace the implants with smaller implants that will better produce your desired aesthetic. This procedure will help your breasts appear more moderately sized and be in a more attractive and lifted position. Many women who undergo a lift and reduction revision feel that the results make their breasts look more youthful and perky.