The annoyance of having stubborn, diet-resistant fat pockets is one that is shared by most men and women. Everyone has those few areas that are glued to you no matter how well you eat or how much you exercise. And as you age, you may find the number of these trouble spots increase. Oddly enough, while age often brings additional unwanted fat to areas of your body, your face loses the fat it relies on for its youthful shape and fullness. To simultaneously treat this dilemma, Dr. Schlechter performs a combination of liposuction and fat transfer. During this procedure, fat is removed from one or more trouble areas of your body such as your abdomen, hips, or thighs. The fat is then purified and added back to other areas that have lost their desired volume, such as the lips, face, breasts, buttocks, or hands. This procedure can be done with any liposuction technique.
With traditional liposuction, Dr. Schlechter injects a stream of tumescent fluid through a small incision which numbs the area and facilitates the removal of fat cells through a thin tube known as a cannula. With water-assisted liposuction such as AquaShape®/Body-Jet®, a continual flow of water in addition to the tumescent fluid is used to remove the fat. This allows the fat to be dislodged and removed from the body through aspiration. Water-assisted liposuction is less traumatizing to the surrounding connective tissues, and it causes minimal damage to the fat cells being removed. How the fat is removed is increasingly important when a patient is combining their liposuction procedure with an autologous fat transfer. Dr. Schlechter uses these fat cells to fill out facial hollows, soften wrinkles, add volume to the lips, and bring new life to your thinning and hollowed cheeks, resulting in subtle, natural-looking results you’ll love.
How Does Water-Assisted Liposuction Compare?
Liposuction has been a popular fat-reduction procedure for years, and both traditional liposuction and water-assisted liposuction provide beautiful, long-lasting results. However, water-assisted liposuction allows for gentler fat removal with less bruising, swelling, and discomfort. In addition, unlike traditional liposuction that can sometimes damage the fat cells, water-assisted liposuction causes minimal damage to the fat cells, which is ideal for transferring the fat to provide natural youthfulness to your face and lips or to add fullness to other areas of your body, such as your breasts, buttocks, or hands.
- New Avene Mineral Hydrating SPF 50+ Face and Body
- This hypoallergenic sunscreen is perfect for a day at the beach or a trip in the car! It is a physical SPF meaning it immediately blocks the sun’s harmful rays. It is loaded with anti-oxidants that boost its efficacy and contains their infamous thermal spring water. Slather it on your face and body daily for protection!
- New Jane Iredale Hand Drink Hand Cream SPF 15
- Quench your skins thirst with this super hydrating hand cream. It has SPF 15 built in to protect and anti-oxidants to enhance, lighten, and brighten. Great to carry in your purse for last minute hydration and protection!
- Revision Vitamin C Lotion 30
- This light weight lotion gives your skin the boost it needs with its time-released vitamin C. This anti-oxidant not only will brighten your skin, but it will correct your existing sun damage and prevent it from getting worse. Layer it under your SPF for the ultimate daily protection.